Educateur anglophone 9-12 ans
Site Lab School Paris
Une école pour répondre collectivement aux enjeux du 21e siècle
School teacher (cycle 3 – 6-9)
Native English speaking with a good knowledge of French
❈ Beginning : 25/08/2021 ❈ Paris ❈
Paris Lab School is an innovative, bilingual (English/French), inclusive, non-religious, and ecologically responsible school. This year, our student body is made up of 75 students from ages 6 to 13 (CP-4e). We aim to support them in all aspects of their learning experience and to enable them to become knowledgeable, responsible, autonomous, socially-conscious, and happy citizens.
Paris Lab School values diversity in our student body. Children come from a variety of different countries and cultures, and have distinct needs, including students with special needs. We offer a limited number of full scholarships to those from underprivileged backgrounds, thanks to the generosity of sponsors as well as volunteers.
It teaches the French Éducation Nationale curriculum (socle commun de connaissances, de compétences et de culture). Our students gain the academic and ethical knowledge and skills required to attain national diplomas. Our difference lies in the focus we put on creating the best conditions for children to successfully pursue their academic choices, and later their chosen professional direction. They will be enabled to become free, responsible and happy citizens. The role of the teaching community is to place students at the center of their learning journey and to accompany them in being active constructors of their own future.
The Lab School is also a place for researchers to implement, assess and refine pedagogical methods and materials, including apps and softwares. It is also a place for interns, undergraduate and graduate students and teachers to train, within a cooperative and open-minded team.
You will be in charge of a multi-level ‘cycle 3’ class (CM1, CM2 and 6e, equivalent to grades 4-6) of 26 to 28 students in collaboration with a French-speaking co-teacher. You will share with this colleague the development of teaching materials for all subjects in the curriculum (science, mathematics, history, geography, English, arts, physical activity). You will be expected to create a child-centred environment that meets the children’s specific needs, in partnership with their families.
- To build a trustful relationship with the students; supporting positive behaviour; help them to acknowledge and celebrate their progress and achievements (growth mindset).
- To design and implement multi-level teaching in collaboration with your co-teacher
- To take into account research recommendations in order to support students’ learning most efficiently
- To support students in their individual or collaborative projects
- To share a convivial moment with the children at mealtimes or during recess in the park (one hour service twice a week).
- To communicate with the parents about their child’s progress and behaviour
- To be involved in the life and projects of the lab school
COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
- Experience of classroom teaching, knowledge of progressive pedagogy (Dewey, Freinet, Montessori…)
- Positive communication skills
- Ability to work in a team: weekly team meetings and pedagogical coordination (one evening after school and a lunch break), one seminar per period (one Saturday or one day during the holidays), occasional contribution to the production of team papers in the context of research projects
- Creativity, adaptability, resourcefulness, independence, openness, flexibility and team spirit.
- Interest in research in educational sciences, psychology, cognitive sciences, etc.
- Commit to the school’s values and its pedagogical project (see the school’s website www.labschool.fr)
- Willingness to embrace innovation and lifelong learning, in collaboration with researchers
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience in a school with a full class of students (internship or private lessons not included)
- Remuneration according to qualifications
- Full-time position (35 hours on an annualised basis) including 25 hours of service with the students during school periods
- You will be expected to participate in discussions and work meetings as soon as your application has been accepted in order to best plan for your new position
Lab School Paris
46, rue de Montreuil
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org